Health & Safety
COVID-19 Protocols and Procedures
In response to the recent and ongoing health pandemic (COVID-19), the staff at ASM Richmond, the management company for Dominion Energy Center, has been working with numerous stakeholders, including government agencies, venues throughout the region, industry experts, and ASM’s corporate leaders, to define the processes, procedures, and protocols that are being implemented within the venue. The reopening plan, entitled VenueShield, addresses extensive mitigation measures and procedures around workforce training and safety, environmental hygiene, the customer journey, and much more. Nothing is more important than the health, safety, and well-being of our patrons, guests, artists, performers, crew, and staff.
Below are a few of the steps that we are taking to ensure a safe and healthy experience when visiting Dominion Energy Center:
- Face Masks - all patrons and guests 2 years of age and older must wear face masks at all times
- Temperature Checks - all patrons and guests will be subject to temperature checks prior to entering the venue (guests that register a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher will be expected to leave)
- Social Distancing - all patrons and guests will be expected to follow social/physical distance protocols, to the best of their ability, as defined throughout the venue
- Restrooms – the utilization of restrooms will be monitored by staff and controlled to ensure proper social/physical distancing
- Concessions – all concessions, including all beverage services, remain closed and will not be offered for upcoming performances
- Donor Lounge – the Donor Lounge remains closed at this time and cannot be accessed by patrons or guests
All patrons and guests are required to follow these new protocols and procedures. Failure to do so will result in dismissal from the venue. Patrons and guests are encouraged to arrive early, to allow for additional time to get screened and cleared for entry. Most importantly, if you feel sick, have been sick within the last 14 days, or have been exposed to anyone that has tested positive to COVID-19, please stay home.
ASM Richmond will be taking the following additional steps to ensure a safe and healthy environment:
- Signage - extensive signage throughout the venue to provide clear direction
- Hand Sanitizer - hand sanitizer stations placed throughout the venue to ensure that patrons and guests can clean their hands as needed
- Cleaning/Sanitizing - Enhanced and continuous cleaning and sanitizing of high touch points and public areas throughout the venue
- Staff Training - COVID-19 trained and educated staff that has been through pre-event health screenings
The foundation of the VenueShield plan begins with the extensive guidance from local, state, and federal agencies including the Virginia Department of Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Institutes of Health, the Department of Homeland Security, and the Environmental Protection Agency, among others.
Below are additional resources to help keep you up to date and informed. More details will be posted over the coming weeks and months as we receive updated guidelines and recommendations.
- VenueShield Press Release (April 30, 2020)
- VenueShield Press Release (July 3, 2020)
- ASM Richmond Reactivation Press Release (September 30, 2020)
- VenueShield Website
We look forward to welcoming you back to our venues, and to providing a safe and enjoyable experience!