Liz Duffy Adams' BORN WITH TEETH
presented by Richmond Shakespeare
- Jan 25 | Thursday, 2024 7:30 PM
- Jan 26 | Friday, 2024 7:30 PM
- Jan 27 | Saturday, 2024 7:30 PM
- Feb 1 | Thursday, 2024 7:30 PM
- Feb 2 | Friday, 2024 7:30 PM
- Feb 3 | Saturday, 2024 7:30 PM
- Feb 4 | Sunday, 2024 2:00 PM
- Feb 8 | Thursday, 2024 7:30 PM
- Feb 9 | Friday, 2024 7:30 PM
- Feb 10 | Saturday, 2024 7:30 PM
- Feb 11 | Sunday, 2024 2:00 PM
About the Event
A quick-witted faceoff...
After a successful run at the Guthrie Theatre, the brand new play Born With Teeth by Liz Duffy Adams receives its East Coast premier at the Gottwald in January. An aging authoritarian ruler, a violent police state and a restless, polarized people seething with paranoia: It’s a dangerous time for poets. Two of them – the great Kit Marlowe and the up-and-comer Will Shakespeare – meet in the back room of a pub to collaborate on a history play cycle, navigate the perils of art under a totalitarian regime and flirt like young men with everything to lose. One of them may well be the death of the other.