Off The Rails
- May 5 | Thursday, 2022 8:00 PM
About the Event
Known as the King of Rant, Lewis Black uses his trademark style of comedic yelling and finger pointing to expose the absurdities of life. His comedic brilliance makes people laugh at life’s hypocrisies and the insanity he sees in the world. A GRAMMY Award-winning stand-up, Lewis Black performs his critically acclaimed shows more than 200 nights annually, to sold-out audiences throughout Europe, New Zealand, Canada, and the United States. He is one of a few performers to sell out multiple renowned theaters, including Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, Brooks Atkinson Theatre, New York City Center, the Main Stage at the Mirage in Las Vegas and a sold-out Broadway run at the Richard Rodgers Theatre in New York City. Since 2014 Lewis Black has done over 400 live streaming shows, called THE RANT IS DUE, at the end of each of his standup performances. Adding his own unique style, Lewis delivers audience-written Rants which have been submitted from the fans at his show and throughout the world. These rants are now available on Lewis Black’s podcast, Rant Cast. Black is the longest-running contributor to THE DAILY SHOW on Comedy Central. He has had comedy specials on HBO, Comedy Central, Showtime and Epix. In 2001, he won Best Male Stand-Up at the American Comedy Awards. His newest special Thanks for Risking Your Life (streaming premiere October 6, 2020) was his last live performance before the Covid lockdown. He has released eight comedy albums, including the 2007 GRAMMY Award-winning The Carnegie Hall Performance. He won his second GRAMMY Award for his album Stark Raving Black and has published three bestselling books: Nothing’s Sacred (Simon & Schuster, 2005), Me of Little Faith (Riverhead Books, 2008) and I’m Dreaming of a Black Christmas (Riverhead Books, 2010). In 2012, he performed eight sell-out shows at Richard Rodgers Theatre on Broadway as well as did one of his two HBO Specials BLACK ON BROADWAY. In 2015, Black notably voiced the character “Anger” in the Academy Award-winning film from Pixar, Inside Out. A published playwright, he’s written over 40 plays and has found his work performed throughout the country, including at the A.C.T. Theatre, the Magic Theatre, The Williamstown Theatre Festival, and The Public Theatre. In addition to his professional pursuits, Lewis is dedicated to a number of charitable organizations including the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, The Rogosin Institute, and The 52nd Street Project. He’s also deeply committed to supporting our troops. A seasoned USO tour veteran, he’s performed for the troops on three Christmas tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.
For more information visit:
This performance has the following COVID-19 requirements in place for entry to the venue. Requirements for entry include:
- Mask wearing is strongly encouraged for all patrons unless actively eating or drinking
- Requirement of all patrons to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or proof of a negative COVID-19 test, administered by a medical professional no more than 72 hours prior to the show, upon entry
- Our venue will accept physical vaccination cards, a scanned copy of your original card, a photograph of your vaccination card on your smartphone, or scanned digital vaccination records from the VDH Smart Health Verifier App. Please note that all proof of vaccination must show a full vaccination record, 14 days after the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or one dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. Please note that you must bring a valid photo ID as well
- Acceptable COVID-19 test results include printed, emailed, or texted confirmations of a negative result from a PCR or Rapid test from the testing entity, including a doctor’s office, urgent care center, pharmacy/drugstore, or any other COVID-19 testing site no more than 72 hours prior to the performance you are attending. Please note that you must bring the official printout of your test or show emailed or texted results, plus a valid photo ID for entrance. At-home tests are not accepted
- Children under the age of 12 must present a full vaccination record or negative COVID-19 test taken by a medical professional no more than 72 hours prior to the show, upon entering the building. Children will not be required to present a photo ID if they are accompanied by an adult.
- These requirements will apply to all members of your party or to any users of the tickets purchased by you.
- Free COVID-19 testing in your area may be found by using this resource from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.
- Mask wearing is encouraged. In some locations wearing a mask may also be mandated by local officials. Check the event webpage closer to the event date for the latest information on masks and any other entry requirements.
- Entry requirements are subject to change.
Should entry requirements for entry change, all ticket buyers will be alerted via email, sent by Etix.com. Updates will be posted to the event webpage on dominionenergycenter.com.
For more information, email email@example.com.
ASM Richmond is committed to the health and safety of our patrons, guests, artists, performers, crew, and staff and we will continue to follow the latest health guidance and protocols. In light of the changing conditions with COVID-19 and the Delta variant, we are working closely with all of our promoters to ensure the health and safety of our patrons, staff, and guests.
Currently, Dominion Energy Center is operating at 100% capacity and is strongly encouraging all patrons, whether vaccinated or not, to mask while at the venue.
If there are any changes to the requirements prior to the show, patrons will be notified by email and the event page on the venue website will be updated.
For more information on other actions taken for your safety, please visit https://www.dominionenergycenter.com/plan-your-visit/health-safety.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our venues, and to providing a safe and enjoyable experience!
This show is ages 18+